CAD / PDM Manager
Linwood, PA or Mendota Heights, MN
The CAD / PDM Manger is responsible for managing the Engineering department’s configuration, development, deployment, on-going support and refinement of all Engineering CAD technologies. The primary responsibilities revolve around leading such activities for a highly integrated Autodesk Inventor and Autodesk Vault solution to streamline the engineering workflow within the greater business processes of the company. Alongside the Inventor/Vault solution, similar responsibilities exist for the development, support, and deployment of Autodesk AutoCAD configurations and standards. This position also maintains the licensing and deployment for a suite of additional design & engineering software packages. Within this role you will work as a member of the Engineering Department to closely development and maintain solutions while coordinating heavily with the company’s Information Technology Department. The position offers a high level of autonomy and requires a hands-on approach for the immediate responsibilities of the position. Candidates must have a strong desire to research new solutions, problem solve, and engage in collaborative efforts with other leaders within the Engineering and IT department.
- Works to develop, deploy, and maintain CAD / PDM solutions with the guidance of the Engineering and IT Departments leadership team focused on Autodesk Inventor, Vault, and AutoCAD.
- Performs testing and develops implementation, migration, and upgrade plans.
- Manages licensing, backups, and rollbacks for engineering software and data.
- Supports engineering staff for education and user training of software workflows, trouble shooting, and on-boarding of new employees.
- Periodic travel shall be expected to other company locations (Minneapolis MN, New York NY, Chicago IL, Linwood PA).
- Expansion of tasks and responsibilities shall be expected either within the Information Technology or Engineering Department based upon experience, personal interest, and requirements of the company.
- Opportunities for growth exist upon experience.
- Strong understanding of engineering based 2D & 3D CAD software, standardization solution development, and deployment.
- A professional understanding of network solutions, databases, licensing, server maintenance and general IT is required.
- Prior experience with Autodesk Vault and Inventor is highly preferred, however experience with similar solutions will be considered.
- Proficiency in programming languages and application development is desired to develop custom solutions using various APIs.
- Knowledge or experience of ERP/MRP systems like SAP or EPICOR is desired.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills is critical for collaboration with colleagues and external parties.
- Able and willing to work extended or non-traditional hours as required.
- Associates Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Drafting and/or Information Technology required, a bachelor’s preferred.
- At least 5 years of applicable experience in the deployment and administration of engineering software technologies required.
- Experience working with in the construction, architecture, engineering, or manufacturing profession is preferred.
Linwood, PA or Mendota Heights, MN
- Creation and continuous development of standard and unique ERP system processes for use and implementation by all levels of Company personnel
- Primarily responsible for identification and rectification of production process problems; oversees junior industrial engineers to further this role
- Responsible for effective communication of all ERP processes
- Management of IT personnel, whose positions it will be to trouble-shoot and problem-solve issues experienced by end-users of the ERP system
- Review, analysis and reporting on critical data points within ERP system, including in areas of sales, estimating, inventory control and logistics
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in ERP implementation/management in industrial setting
NHF has an immediate need for experienced 2nd/3rd shift CNC machine operators. The Computer Numeric Control (CNC) Operator’s role is to create a wide range of parts using CNC machine tools and hand tools. A large variety of parts are required to be created and the operator will be required to produce high-quality components and utilize quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) techniques to ensure quality standards are met. The operator is required to minimize set-up time, maximize the production rate of parts to meet production schedules without breaking tools, maintain a clean and organized workstation, and complete required paperwork accurately and quickly.
- Set up, operate, and perform total preventative maintenance (TPM) on CNC machine tools
- Create complex parts in accordance with the production schedule
- Maintain high degree of quality for all produced parts
- Complete required paperwork for all production jobs
- Coordinate with programmers and engineers to optimize parts set up, operation and quality
- Bring a positive, team-oriented, problem solving attitude to work every day
- Maintain reliable and regular attendance
- Interpret blueprints, drawings, written and verbal instructions to set up jobs
- Use calipers and tape measures
- Hands on quality control knowledge
- 3+ years’ experience in a skilled trade (fabrication preferred but not required)
- Analytical, problem-solving thinking & a collaborative attitude
- Self-motivated, organized and willing to work in a fast-paced environment
- High visual-spatial ability
- QA/QC experience
- General computing abilities and ability to operate machine CNC systems
- Must be able to lift 25lbs. consistently through work shift
- Ability to read/write G and M code
- Ability to use Computer-aided Drafting (CAD) or Computer-aided Manufacturing (CAM) software
- Specific experience with Autodesk, Autocad, Autodesk Inventor, Delcam, or CamPLUS software
- Engineering or design degrees/certifications/coursework
- Manufacturing degrees/certifications/coursework
- Develop curtainwall systems and components making appropriate decisions based on project specifications and budgets
- Develop and refine processes for design and engineering, manufacturing, and installation departments
- Generate project submittal drawings for review by external design team (Architect/Consultant/GC)
- Develop 3D parametric models for generation of production information and 3D wireframe models
- Follow and support process improvement in best practice drafting and modeling standards
- Review, interpret, and apply project specifications to materials and designs
- Read and interpret project Architectural and Structural drawings
- Provide support and coordination to operations team, factory, and field personnel as needed
- Use education and company provided training to further develop required skills
- Additional items as needed by design and engineering departments
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Inventor/SolidWorks preferred
- Strong general computer skills including working knowledge of email, MS Office, and similar software
- Strong spatial aptitude
- Ability to travel as required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
The primary role of the Project Manager is the oversight of the project process. The Project Manager must be intimately knowledgeable about the specifics of the projects for which they are responsible in order to facilitate client relations and coordinate the design and construction of the project components from bid approval to completion. The Project Manager will be responsible for the administration of the project process, serving as the primary conduit for information on the job, which requires asking questions and getting the required information to the correct people, both in-house and outside of New Hudson Facades.
- Bachelor of Science or higher in a construction management, engineering or architectural field.
- At least 3 years prior experience in a project management